DSWD Career Opportunities
Full-Time Entry/Mid-Level Audit Associate
We are looking for full time, entry to mid-level audit associate for a boutique CPA firm located in Frankfort, IL. Engagement concentration in highly specialized field of Broker-Dealers. Hours, pay and other benefits (401k, health insurance) are negotiable but will be competitive with downtown Chicago firms. This is a non-traditional CPA environment includes flexible hours, quality of life balance and casual (jeans) attire. Standard 40+ hour weekly commitment with increases during the January – May timeframe. Discretionary bonuses paid based on hours worked and performance during this period.
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. Experience in public accounting preferred.
1 – 3 years of audit or accounting experience preferred; CPA or equivalent experience a plus.
Excel, Word, Profx (tax software), QuickBooks (ProAdvisor a plus), CaseWare
Duties included but not limited to:
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances, prepares and adjusts workpapers from clients’ trial balance
- Performs other accounting, auditing, tax and consulting duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Identifies potential management letter comments
- Self-starter and team player with ability to recognize when additional hour commitments are needed and willingness to take on extra work to meet firm wide deadlines
- Recognizes potential problem areas in specific engagements and discusses them with engagement supervisor
- Participates in the engagement planning process
- Assists with more complicated segments of audit and accounting engagements
- Becomes proficient at preparing financial statements/tax returns using the firm’s software programs
Interested candidates should send your resume to email@example.com